Gillian’s holds a Master of Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University, Masters of Arts Community and Regional Planning, University of British Columbia and a Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Victoria.
Gillian has conflict resolution training which includes the following:
- 2017 Child Support Guidelines, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2016 Effects of Separation and Divorce on Adults, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2013/14 Family Justice Services & Violence: Impact on Separation and Divorce, Justice Institute, Vancouver
- 2011/12 Mediators Beyond Borders – International Mediation Training – Plano Texas, USA
- 2010 Mediation Room – Online Dispute Resolution – Certificate, Online Mediation, London, UK
- 2005 BC Court Mediation Program certification,
- 2003 Conflict Analysis and Management certification, and
- Numerous years of courses related to mediation, cultural awareness, public policy, natural resource management and multi-party facilitation.
Gillian is a certified civil mediator and a member of the BC Mediation (Civil) Roster. She is a qualified family dispute resolution professional under the Family Law Act in B.C. She is a member of Family Mediation Canada.
She worked as a Mediator in Small Claims Court for over 10 years and has been in private practice since 2005. She also worked on several provincial tribunals as an adjudicator 2011-2016.
In addition, Gillian has over twenty-five years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Multi-part facilitation, mediation, and collaborative processes;
- First Nations Consulting including treaty preparations, planning, and community communications;
- Policy & Planning for provincial, regional and local governments including public policy, planning, evaluation reports, bylaw and enforcement reviews, and organizational policy and procedures.
My approach focuses on solutions and moving relationships forward. I have a proven track record in assisting people to collaborate and to effect positive change in their lives and others.